Sunday, October 17, 2010

Thing #11: Library Thing

I signed up with library thing and entered about 10 of my books.  I then looked at the groups and found an interesting one called "I see dead people's books" which is a group of people who put up profiles of famous people and their personal library collections.  Want to know what Marie Antoinette or Marilyn Monroe had in their library?  How about Franz Kafka or William Shakespeare?  You can find out here!  I found this group fascinating, it even showed me which of my books I shared with these famous dead people (Marilyn M. and I shared 3 James Joyce titles, who knew she was such a reader?).  I really enjoyed Library Thing.  You can look at book reviews, write book reviews and do all kinds of fun things here.  There are a lot of members and many interesting groups to look at, including local groups in the Houston area. There is also a talk feature where members post about various literary activities they are engaged in such as the "50 book challenge" or the "readers of YA lit" discussion group.  I found many interesting things here and will definitely be back to explore when I have some time to do so.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing about the group "I see dead people's books." It was fun to see who shares my love for reading certain books--Katheryn Hepburn is one of my "reading buds!" Like you, I could spend hours on Library Thing, also!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can also use Library Thing with students by posting the new Texas Bluebonnet books (or other such list) or new additions to the library collection or a particular genre in the collection, etc... Students love "browsing" the Library Thing shelves as much as we do!

    ReplyDelete