Monday, November 15, 2010

Thing #20 YouTube, TeacherTube, and Zamzar



Here is a great video I found on YouTube that a librarian created called "The Librarian's Manifesto".  It is her crede to be followed while becoming the best librarian she can!  I think it is very pertinent for us library students!
I had never looked at TeacherTube before and found several great videos there.  I liked the fact that you can search videos by topic, most viewed, highest rated, favorite, featured, most linked and more.  Also, TeacherTube doesn't just feature videos but also blogs, classifieds, teacher resources and more!  This is a great resource for teachers and I am really glad I learned about it.  I looked at several videos from one teachers video-rap about simplifying fractions to a great song and video for teaching students about the water cycle.  This is such a great resource for teachers who are looking for videos to educated their students on certain topics.  Need to teach your students about a certain math or language skill?  TeacherTube probably has a video about it!!  I think all teachers should make at least one video to post to TeacherTube,  think of the wealth of video resources we could have if we all did that!!!

1 comment:

  1. I saw the Manifesto, too and thought its message was great. Thank you for posting it! And I'm glad you mentioned TeacherTubes other resources. I didn't get a chance to check them out, but I'll make sure I do, now.

    ReplyDelete